Sunday, January 29, 2017

Last week's frugal efforts and fails.



















Our washer and dryer have been acting up lately. I'm not sure how he fixed the dryer, but my husband also fixed the washer. The drainage hose was plugged up. I'm thankful to have working appliances! I was worried I'd have to hand wash some clothes in the tub.

I made foaming soap for our reusable foaming hand soap dispensers.

I've kept the thermostat off during the day since our system is occasionally acting up.

I picked up a free reusable tote bag from the local grocery store.

I filled out the grocery story survey for free fuel points.

We took advantage of some pizza deals so we got two large pizzas for a great price with plenty of leftovers.

I suddenly had the desire to work on my latent Etsy shop. I went through things I already had on hand as well as made a list of materials that I needed. I'm making a solid plan from how many items to start with to how often to post on my shop blog/website. If you use my link you can get 40 free Etsy listings (and so do I!)

An ebook I requested to be added to my library's online catalog was finally added so I borrowed it for my Kindle right away.

I filled out a survey for pizza to get $3 off our next purchase.

We're continuing to eat down our pantry and freezer.

I listened to Dave Ramsey's and Chris Hogan's free podcasts.


My frugal fails:

I forgot to keep up with my son's library books so I owe about $3 in fines.

My husband bought the wrong coffee creamer. I tried to drink it, but some of it did end up going to waste.

For accountability: I took advantage of PayPal credit to get some supplies for my Etsy shop. The total is less than $400, and if I pay it off within 6 months I don't have to pay interest. If for some reason I don't generate enough in sales to cover that I'll use my personal money so no interest will be paid.


What did you do to save money last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...