Monday, January 9, 2017

Last week's frugal efforts.



I'm using a textbook that I rented from Amazon. It was much cheaper than buying, and they will give me a free shipping label to send it back when I'm done.

I kept the thermostat down and sparingly used a space heater in the bedroom. It's unusually cold here lately.

I meal planned using food items we already had in the pantry and freezer.

I'm being more strict with my son about being done with one food item and wanting another instead. Nope.

I upped my 401k contribution at the same time my new insurance rates will be reflected on my check so in a way this is a mind game in the sense that whatever my first paycheck of the year looks like, that's what I have to work with.

I'm on a mission to use stuff up around the house. I'm burning candles and eating or giving away food items.

I'm decluttering in spurts. This always helps curb any desire to spend money.

I watched some free YouTube videos. People are so inspiring and helpful.

We made foaming soap.

My husband bought the wrong coffee creamer. Instead of pouring it down the drain or giving it away I decided to mix it with my regular creamer when I make my coffee so it's more tolerable. Hopefully he won't make that mistake again.

I ended up with a free planner. I had ordered one from Amazon, then I was gifted one at work. I went on the Amazon site to see how much it would cost to send the planner back, but it said I would be refunded right away with no need to send it back. The planner from work I decided to use for work things. It actually has made me stay more organized and on task so that's a double win.

I signed up for MyPoints so I can earn some gift cards for little effort.


What have you done to save money lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...