Monday, January 2, 2017

Recent Frugal Efforts.















I made some banana bread for gifts.

I kept the thermostat low. I was gifted a really nice Sherpa blanket so I put that on the bed to keep us warm. I use the space heater in the bedroom sparingly.

I redeemed $3 and $10 Amazon gift cards from Swagbucks.

I requested some ebooks from the library instead of purchasing them.

We got a free santa picture from a photography company at my son's school function.

My son attended free story time at the library and borrowed a lot of books.

I laminated my son's play money bills.

I unplugged my Keurig as soon as I was done with it. I got this machine from a coworker that moved away. I have 4 reusable k-cups, and I recently purchased some regular k-cups as a treat that can be recycled!

We always compost our produce and appropriate food waste. We recycle almost all plastic, cardboard, and junk mail.

I bring a stainless steel water bottle with water, a glass coffee cup with coffee, and glass containers with leftovers to work. Sometimes I'll bring a reusable k-cup.

I meal planned using items we already have in the freezer and pantry. There was one item I was about to put on the shopping list until I realized with a simple change that I could use something on hand instead.

What have you done lately to save money?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...