Sunday, January 22, 2017

Last week's frugal efforts.


We made four loaves of banana bread. I used a cast iron bread pan and a glass Pyrex bread pan. I think the cast iron pan made the better loaves. I snuck in some chia seeds on the second batch.

I redeemed points for a $3 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks.

I ended up using some of my Amazon credit to purchase a set of two mini angel food cake pans so I can use those for future gifts of bird seed wreaths. I also got an ink stamp set with some all purpose greeting stamps. One of my goals this year is to make all cards instead of buying them.

My Keurig stopped working, and just as I was starting to rage I took a minute to Google it. I found a YouTube video that showed me the problem: a clogged pin. I'm happy I was able to fix it, and it was a nice learning moment for my son too.

We made foaming hand soap. Water + liquid Castile soap in a foaming dispenser we already had on hand.

It turns out that my dryer isn't broken. So it's great that I don't have to buy a new one, however, if it truly was broken I think I'd be okay with hanging things to dry for awhile.

I ate leftovers all weekend.

I brought food, coffee, and water to work in reuseable containers. (mostly)

I borrowed free ebooks from my library.

My son is using a handkerchief for his cold.


What have you done to save money last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...