Monday, July 18, 2016

Last week's frugal efforts.

I did not renew the zoo membership. The last two years we didn't use it enough to justify the cost. We'll get it again in the future when we can go regularly.

I upped the automatic principal payment on the mortgage.*

I upped my 401k contribution by 10%.*

I took advantage of Amazon's Prime Day sales. I got kid clothes, books, a few gifts, and a couple misc. things I would've bought anyways all at a great price when all discounts considered. I also got a discounted gift card to an online kid's clothing store that I'll save until I can inventory the little one's clothes again.

I found some new Youtube channels to watch. They are so inspiring and motivating.

I used one of those toothpaste contraptions (2 for $1 from years ago) that pushes out all the toothpaste so the tube is completely flattened. This was about a week's worth of toothpaste saved.

I loaded up my Kindle with free ebooks from the library.

My son finished his reading chart for the library's summer reading program, and they let him take another one home.

My son went to the free library story times.

I started looking at DIY Christmas inspiration on Pinterest.

I received some free and deeply discounted items to review.

It was on my to do list to call the local garbage disposal company for quotes on garbage and recycling pick up. The inlaws scored a cheap hauling truck from one of their friends, and they offered to do our dump runs for us.


*After playing with some amortization calculators and different tax scenarios it made me more excited to save as much as possible. It will force me to be more mindful of my purchases and think along the lines of "do I want to spend X amount on that thing or would I rather put that amount towards the mortgage and cut off X amount of time off the loan?"


What have you done to save money recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...