Thursday, October 5, 2017

Thankful Thursday - Rain + Firemen


It was a long, dry summer here in the Pacific Northwest. It barely rained. Our grass was dried out. The "dirt' roads were always dusty. Then summer ended, and here comes the rain! The grass is turning green in random patches. The dirt road has some nice puddles to splash in. The air is fresher, and there's nothing like the scent of fresh rainfall.


I'm also thankful for firemen. We were walking past the fire station and paused to look at one of the fire trucks. A firefighter, whom was on his lunch break, came over to us and let my son sit in the truck and play around for a few minutes. He also offered to let him to hold the fire hose, but he was too scared. He said we could come back anytime we wanted to check out the vehicles.

What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful that this week, I got things a bit more under control. It's been hectic for weeks now, and that really doesn't work very well for me. I'll hope to feel even better next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture is really cute!

    I am also in the Pacific Northwest, and I'm truly thankful for the cooler weather and the little bit of rain we have been having. I loved the fact that I was able to grow watermelon in my garden, but more than ready to have a little more familiar weather return. And, of course, for the fires to keep getting rained on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...