Friday, June 16, 2017

Moment of Pause #19


I love this picture. I was outside with my son getting the mail after a rainfall, and I happened to walk past this wet moss on a tree branch. The vibrant green of nature after fresh rain is so beautiful and refreshing. It makes me very thankful to live in the Pacific Northwest since greenery and rain are common themes here. And the smell--it's like the way life is supposed to be experienced.

It didn't dawn on me until just now, but before I moved into this house I never admired the environment right outside my home before. Not like this - where I want to take pictures of all the things I see in my yard. Sure, when I visited the local rain forests and Maui I would be taking pictures of nature nonstop, but this house is different somehow.

I'm thankful to be living in this space I'm currently in, and that my son has the opportunity to experience real, raw tokens of nature.

What has made you take a moment of pause this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...