Sunday, May 7, 2017

Recent Frugal Efforts.

My work was giving a lot of things away so I scored a free wooden dining table with three chairs along with various craft supplies.





















My son and I made lavender goats milk soap as part of a Mother's Day gift.

My son and I started making Mother's Day cards.

I opened my Etsy shop. My camera broke right before I started taking pictures so I had to make due with a decent one.

I unplugged and put away the space heater until Fall.

I entered Dave Ramsey's $20k giveaway.

I listened to The Minimalists free podcast.

I borrowed free ebooks from the library.

I attended a free class that helps parents get their kids ready for Kindergarten. They gave each parent some toys and tools with instructions on how to use them in a creative/educational manner. 

I used some of my credit card rewards points to buy more ink for my printer since it was a good price.

Someone in my area set up a little free library stand by their driveway. We picked two books, and we'll be looking for some books to donate to that library. Such a cute idea.


What have you done to save money recently? Are you planning a frugal Mother's Day? I'd love to hear about it in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings!
    I'll be working til 5PM on Sunday. My husband and I plan on going to Mackinaw Island to see some photographs he has on exhibit there. That will be our Mother/Father's day to us. We may go in another week or two.
    We've been talking about a five year plan. This is exciting because my husband rarely goes in for the loooong range planning. We're talking about staying in the U.P., but moving nearer the bridge (Mackinaw) which is two hours closer to our sons. This means, we need to really save some money for a new home. I'm excited at the prospect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! I hope you had a great time at the exhibit.

      My husband isn't much of a planner either. Drives me crazy, but hopefully one day. :)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...