Monday, May 30, 2016

Last week's frugal efforts.

I filled out the survey on the Fred Meyer receipt for fuel points.

I froze some strawberries before they went bad along with some bananas.

I made a double batch of chia seed mini muffins and put half in the freezer so my toddler has an easy snack at a later date.

When cleaning out the pantry I gave the toddler some old spaghetti noodles to play with instead of just tossing them. I wrote a post about it here.

I took the old blackout curtains from the bedroom and hung them in the living room. It makes me feel so much better about the room, but now I have to find 4 more panels to put on the other living room windows.

Instead of buying new bulbs for the bathroom vanity lights I took one from my closet vanity light. The closet had 5 bright bulbs so I can do just fine with 4.

We attended a free live band show at the local marina. (although we did buy a little bit of food) I have to attend a couple live music performances for one of my classes, and this venue is the only one I can make it to during assignment time frame. We all enjoyed it. There were lovely views of the water. My toddler got to experience something new! We'll probably come back soon, but eat before we go.

The toddler and I spent some time coloring in a magazine with markers. He liked tracing and drawing faces and silly hats on people.

What have you done to save money lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...