- Save 3 months worth of expenses. We already have 1 1/2 months saved.
- Pay off 3k medical bill. (on an interest free payment plan)
- Pay off $1,100 home maintenance bill. (on an interest free payment plan)
- Buy a new used car. (with the help of trading in our current 1995 car and selling our old dead car probably for scrap)
- Open Roth IRAs for both of us. If not both than just my husband, and I'll bump up my currently 4% 401k contribution.
We will be getting a tax refund this year. I'm hoping it makes a big dent in my goals. I'm researching some side hustles to enable more cash flow as well as ways to lower our expenses further. On the list so far is:
- Republic Wireless. We're deciding on a phone (buying used on Ebay) to try the service out. If we both like it we will switch, potentially saving ~$48 a month.
- Getting a different car that gets better gas mileage and doesn't require premium fuel.
- Preparing meals in advance to hopefully stop my husband from buying as much takeout and convenience food.
- Lowering the thermostat and using a space heater in the bedroom with the baby.
- Eating out of our pantry and freezer.
- Look into being a virtual assistant.
So this will be an exciting and fulfilling year.