Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Just take my stuff please!

I have two boxes of books, two boxes of misc. things, a garbage bag of stuffed animals, and a mile long list of other things to donate that are just sitting around...waiting.

I don't drive. It's awkward to have someone else donate my stuff and get a receipt and/or take me to do it myself with a toddler in tow, and it's complicated to coordinate a time for my husband to do it since he doesn't wake up early enough to get to the local thrift shop before they close. I'd rather donate stuff there because they do so much for the community, they need donations, and they would appropriately take care of my former things.

I have a porcelain doll that my grandmother hand made especially for me when I was young. It's beautifully made...but it's ugly. (there, I said it!) I don't want to display it or store it somewhere forever. I want the local thrift shop to have it because I just know they will find it a proper home.

But the other things. I'm about ready to pack up hubby's car and politely demand that he drop them off at the local Goodwill truck on his way to work one afternoon. Having these things hanging out in my house for over a month in purgatory is starting to stress me out. Ugh! And the free magazine subscriptions! Why did I sign up for so many? These dead trees full of ads sit mostly unread on bookshelves in "I'll get to it one day" skewed piles, and I feel a twinge of guilt when I look at them.

Alas, no donation centers pick up at my location. Giving stuff away is complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...