Sunday, September 4, 2016

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

I had some apple cinnamon oatmeal that I bought for my husband in the hopes that he would like that over a more expensive brand. No luck! So I decided to make cookies with my toddler before the oatmeal went bad.

Oatmeal raisin cookies have been on my to do list for awhile now, but this was a good test drive to make sure my toddler would like an oatmeal cookie. I'll save the raisins for another baking session.

I omitted the cinnamon in this recipe because I didn't want an overpowering cinnamon flavor in case the oatmeal already had a lot of cinnamon in it.









I adapted this recipe from here.

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp honey
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 cups instant oatmeal - Apple Cinnamon flavored

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. My cookies were about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, and they baked in 10 minutes.















I caught my toddler on two occasions trying to sneak a cookie while they were cooling! They were pretty good. I had over three cooling racks full of cookies. We shared with everyone.

What have you baked recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...