Monday, February 15, 2016

Last Week's Frugal Efforts

I reused some wrapping paper for my husband's Valentine's Day gift. (a stack of blank playing cards for 56 reasons why I love him that I got free thanks to a Swagbucks gift card.)

I purchased a used drying rack from the Amazon warehouse so I still get the great "warranty" in case something is wrong with it. I tried it out, and it works pretty good. I'm hoping it gets easier as the weather warms up. I'm shooting for a dramatic decrease in my power bill.

We turned the thermostat down by 1 degree, which is amazing because  my husband is dead set on a certain number.

I brought my toddler's uneaten leftovers to work for lunch so it wasn't wasted.

I unplugged three landline phones and a lamp that we don't use.

I started using Bing and InstaGC more frequently so I can use those earned gift certificates for upcoming gift occasions.

My son and I made some Valentine's Day crafts using scrap paper. We made paper chains, necklaces, bracelets, and pink snowflakes. He had so much fun. :)

We were finally able to return our Comcast modem because we bought our own, which is a savings of $10 a month.

What have you done to save money recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...